Welcome!

[ Wednesday, June 9, 2010 | ]

Welcome to Satin and Lace Weddings! I'm very excited about starting this blog. I'm a student, getting my degree in entrepreneurship and on my way to starting my own business in this exciting field. I have a passion for weddings and I really couldn't be happier about being able to turn this into a career. Follow me on my journey through this exciting time in my life.

A few things about me: I'm 23 years old and I'm married to a pretty swell guy. We just bought our first house and we're expecting our first baby in September. My husband is in the Army and is currently deployed. We have big plans for our Colonial Revival home built in 1928 and big plans for our little kumquat--I'm 25 weeks along, anxiously waiting for all the milestones. And in the midst of all this, I'm here: just finished my wedding planning course, trying to figure out how in the world I can start my own business this year while I'm pregnant and alone in a new town. Oh woe is me!

So here's the deal: I'm totally obsessed with weddings (duh) and I have been for years. Actually, I can remember how it happened. One late night in August of 2006 I went shopping at WalMart. My friend and I were renting our first house and we needed pretty much everything. As I was trolling the aisles, I ended up in the magazine section. Something possessed me to pick up a copy of The Knot. Maybe it was something on the cover, maybe it was the fact that I had just been dumped by a guy I was pretty crazy about. I don't know. But right then and there, standing in the aisle of WalMart, I decided I wanted to plan weddings.

I bought that copy of The Knot and I also bought a wire bound notebook of thick paper, good for pasting bits of magazine on both sides. That night I started my first wedding notebook. I decided on a Spring wedding with a sunshine yellow, Spring green and lavender color scheme. I imagined what I would want my own wedding to be like. I started collecting details from several years worth of bridal magazines.

One month later, I met my future Mr... Coincidence? :)


Anyway, so my obsession has led to the collection of tons of wedding ideas. I have two wedding notebooks in the works and several binders full of tidbits I think would be helpful for brides-to-be. I've been trying to think of how to put these things to use in the meantime, the time I'm waiting for things to really happen in my life, and this is what I've come up with. So I hope you can find something worthwhile here in my own little space. Welcome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Home