My Wedding

[ Thursday, June 10, 2010 | ]
We have picked ANOTHER date for our ceremony. My husband and I tried to set a wedding date over and over but due to the military obligations he had, as well as those my brother (a groomsman), and my best friend (the maid of honor) had, it had to be pushed back again and again. We finally decided on a court house wedding with a ceremony to follow my husband getting out of the Army. We are desperately hoping that with him no longer in the military, we may have a bit more luck actually doing this thing! My brother just got word that he will be deploying again this year, which means he will not be deployable again until late 2012. So we have tentatively picked a June 2012 date.

We have decided to get married in our home. Not only will we save a ton of money but it will also set the theme. The house was built in 1928 so a vintage wedding seems all too appropriate. I'm having a hard time picking color schemes but here are a few I've found over at The Perfect Palette:




In Martha Stewart paint colors (yes, I do in fact have all of her paint chips), I'm looking at heavy cream, sea glass, nutmeg and sunken pool. These colors do not translate as well on the computer but the sea glass has more of a green tint to it and the sunken pool is not so bright. They're very muted, vintage colors.



1 comment:

JEM - Aqua Bride said...

I've had so much fun planning our wedding and it will be here in only 1 month and 20 days. Yours may seem far away, but it'll be here before you know it. Have fun planning.

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home