AFloral Flower Board

[ Friday, June 18, 2010 | ]
I am all about DIY silk flower arrangements. I think it's the best of both worlds. Silk flowers look more realistic than regular fake flowers plus you don't have to pay to have them preserved if you're a keepsake girl like me. For my own wedding, I know I'm doing silk flower arrangements. I'm putting them together myself (eep!) to save yet more money. I've looked everywhere for inspiration and found a few things I just absolutely love. I found these lovelies at The Flower Magician:


I love the look of these bouquets but am not big on the colors. I couldn't find anything that matched both the style and colors of my wedding so I turned to LeAnne over at Afloral.com, where I'll be ordering my silk flowers. She designs custom floral inspiration boards with information about your wedding. I e-mailed her with these specifications: I'm planning a vintage themed wedding at my home with the color scheme of chocolate brown, sea green, aqua and ivory. I've attached some inspiration boards and paint swatches that match my color and theme. I'm having the hardest time finding flowers though. I've found a few examples of what I might like in flowers but I do not want anything with pink in it and that seems to be prevalent in vintage themed wedding bouquets. I think I'd like the flowers to be mostly white and cream, some green and maybe just a spray of blue. I don't think I want the brown to come through in the bouquet. I've also attached pictures of a dress in the style I'll be looking for. Can you help me?

LeAnne responds: Jessica, we don’t have a lot of flowers in the aqua or sea green color, so I made your inspiration board with mostly whites and creams, and added some green and blue accents. You could always bring the aqua and chocolate brown into the bouquets with ribbon, pearl pins, or even bouquet jewels. I think the bouquets would look beautiful (and vintage) made up of a combination of cream and white roses, the deep aqua peonies, and perhaps a green flower as well. Finish the look with the accents of your choice. I hope this helps!

 

2 comments:

amber said...

Those inspiration bouquets are really pretty! I checked out their site and unfortunately no red asiatic lilies for me :(

jacin {lovely little details} said...

wow, those are amazing! they look so real!!

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home